The Monitoring Specialist is responsible for monitoring and assessing potential issues relating to critical IT applications, systems and devices. The Monitoring Specialist will monitor all incoming alerts using the designated tools and perform actions as instructed. This position includes performing 1st and 2nd level troubleshooting; arising out of automated alerts, telephone calls and emails, and resolving issues as required. The successful candidate must understand how different types of systems integrate and be able to pinpoint where the actual issue is occurring. The Monitoring Specialist must also be able to determine which issues are false positives and document/work with other teams to get these types of alerts suppressed.
Key Result Areas/ Main Tasks
- Participates in the ongoing process of investigating, troubleshooting, and providing resolution to technical issues
- Implement, administer, and support monitoring solutions as well as other ad hoc software tools used in the monitoring of services, databases, networks, servers and applications within the environment.
- Maintain health of the monitoring environment; ensuring that the monitoring solutions are kept up-to-date with the deployment of new application upgrades and patch revisions.
- Develop configurations appropriate to monitoring applications and devices in the environment.
- Participate in the provisioning phase to ensure that the implementations of new systems and services are properly monitored after deployment.
- Ensure new RMM application updates/releases are properly documented and monitored for performance, availability and stability.
- Provide to relevant teams the necessary documentation and procedures to ensure compliance with monitoring standards.
- Develop/maintain scripts for the automation of tasks using programming languages (Python, PowerShell, Java etc.). Including, but not limited to, the development and generation of RMM application system reports
- Provide a weekly client and internal reports
- Participate in analysis of data within the monitoring system, as requested
- Manage license deployments of the tool
- Ensure that NOC has escalation processes for all monitoring points
JP Marshall Associates Co Ltd.
Suite L01, Brentton Hall
16 Victoria Avenue,
Port of Spain,
Trinidad & Tobago
Tel: +1 (868) 222-4515
JP Marshall Associates Inc.
Barbados, West Indies
Tel: +1 (246) 430-8888